Asbestos Awareness Training
Under the Control of Asbestos 2012, regulation 10, details the information, instruction and training, required for mandatory Asbestos Awareness. This training carried out by The Asbestos Management Group is required to be given to any employee who may be liable to disturb the fabric of a building and in turn disturb any asbestos while carrying out their normal everyday work, or who may influence how work is carried out.
Click Here to see HSE Guidelines on asbestos awareness training
Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 has identified sixteen target groups of workers that require Asbestos Awareness training:
General maintenance staff, electricians, plumbers, gas fitters, painters and decorators, joiners, plasterers, demolition workers, construction workers, roofers, heating and ventilation engineers, telecommunication engineers, burglar and fire alarm installers, computer installers, architects, building surveyors and other such professionals: shop fitters etc.
Our Asbestos Awareness Course includes the following subjects:
- Types and properties of asbestos
- Health effects of exposure to asbestos
- Uses and likely occurrences of asbestos
- Identification and location of asbestos in buildings
- Asbestos containing materials and products
- Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012
- Asbestos legislative guidance and related legislation
- Duty to manage asbestos in non-domestic premises
- Emergency and accident arrangements
- Licensable work and notification requirements
- Types of asbestos surveys
- Avoiding the risks from asbestos
- Asbestos risk assessments
- Control measures to prevent exposure
- Management actions to prevent and reduce exposure
This half day course is fully compliant with Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012. Call us now on 0845 257 1407 for free advice on how asbestos awareness training can help your company.